Have a traffic service request? Fill out this form and we will respond as soon as possible.
On the evening of March 29, 2018, just before 6:00 pm
the Medicine Hat Police Service responded to the area of Northlands Lane
Northeast for a serious incident of a firearm being fired at a home. The suspect…
The Office of the Chief consists of the Chief of Police, three Inspectors, an Administrative Services Manager and two Executive Assistants.
The Municipal Bylaw Enforcement Section has the first line responsibility for the investigation and enforcement of the City of Medicine Hat Bylaws and various Provincial Statutes, document Service and fingerprint processing. The Provincial Statutes currently enforced by the section include the…
The Chief of Police is responsible for:
- The overall stewardship of the executive team
- The guardianship of the Service's vision, values and strategic objectives
- The efficiency and effectiveness of all operations
The Inspectors are responsible for:
- Working with the Executive Team to develop a shared vision, mission and strategic direction
- Building cooperative relationships within the Service and with other agencies
- The financial governance of their respective areas
- Scanning and researching best practices at provincial, national…
The Executive Assistants are responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to members of the Executive Team, Professional Standards, Support Services S/Sgt and Administrative S/Sgt.
- Administering and…
The Administrative Services Manager reports directly to the Chief of Police and is responsible for:
- Personnel Coordination, leading the civilian administrative personnel in the Office of the Chief
- Budget and Finance Coordination, managing the Police Service Capital and Operating budgets, and maintaining…