The Forensic Identification Unit provides forensic services for the entire police service including:
- Crime scene investigation utilizing photograph and video means.
- Detection, collection, preservation and correlation of trace evidence.
- Latent fingerprint development, identification and classification.
- Physical comparisons of two and three-dimensional objects for matching as evidence.
- Proper presentation of trace evidence to crime laboratories for further specialized analyses.
- Management of all exhibits and property seized by members of the Police Service.
Sgt. Stacey Fishley
phone: (403) 529-8440